O Easter Tree
Dress up your Easter tree with these easy 3D paper eggs. This project is inspired by the Scandinavian tradition of påskris. We love the idea of dressing up twigs with colorful eggs and feathers for Easter! You can join us in this Scandinavian tradition by gathering the tools and materials listed below and crafting your own 3D paper egg and feather ornaments. Glad Påsk (Happy Easter)!
Browse more Easter projects here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting machine (recommended)
- Scissors or craft knife (if cutting by hand)
- Curling Tool
- Small Binder Clips
- Plastic Palette Knife or Flat Paintbrush
- Cardstock Paper
- Paper-Papers Astrobrights “Stardust White”
- Blick Canson Mi-teintes “Indigo Blue #140”
- Fabriano Tiziano “Rose #25” and “Muschio #14”
- Embroidery Floss or thread- DMC “Ligth Terra Cotta” (3779)
- Yes! Paste or Craft Tacky Glue
- Gather tools and materials. Cardstock paper tends to work better for the ornaments than text weight, though they will be harder to fold. Use a bone folder or LG curling tool to help smooth down the edges.
- Cut out egg shapes from paper with a score line down the middle.
- Fold the paper eggs in half lengthwise, matching up the edges as close as possible. You will need six for one egg ornament.
- Apply an even layer of glue to half of one egg (a plastic palette knife is useful for this). A little bit of glue goes a long ways. Attach to another egg half, carefully lining up the edges and spines.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
[…] DIY 3-D Easter Egg Adorns via Lia Griffith […]
[…] create the paper eggs proven above, comply with designer Lia Griffith’s information on learn how to make 3D paper egg decorations To maintain issues easy, minimize out flat paper Easter eggs and ask your youngsters to embellish […]
[…] create the paper eggs proven above, observe designer Lia Griffith’s information on the way to make 3D paper egg decorations To maintain issues easy, reduce out flat paper Easter eggs and ask your youngsters to embellish […]
[…] create the paper eggs shown above, follow designer Lia Griffith’s guide on how to make 3D paper egg decorations To keep things simple, cut out flat paper Easter eggs and ask your children to decorate them before […]
[…] Learn how to make it: Lia Griffith […]
[…] put up 3D Paper Egg Ornaments gave the impression first on Lia […]