A Dahlia a Day
To compliment our Crepe Paper Dahlias project post, we’ve created this helpful video tutorial to make crafting them just that much simpler. Follow along and make these gorgeous crepe paper flowers come to life in no time. Brighten your day with an easy-to-craft dahlia bouquet!
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Art Sponge
- Floral Wire – 20 gauge
- Floral Tape
- 1/2” Wood Bead
- PanPastel – red iron oxide tin
- Extra Fine Crepe – Vanilla, Chiffon, Blush
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the petals according to the template notes using scissors. Use the vanilla crepe paper for the largest petals and the chiffon crepe for the rest.
- Glue the oval piece of crepe over the small wood bead.
- Glue all but 6 small petals around the wood bead so that the tips just touch.
- Take the remaining 6 small petals and roll them.
- Glue the 6 small rolled petals around the bead, spacing them evenly apart.
- Use the art sponge to apply the pink PanPastel to the bottom of the petals and to the flower’s center.
- Glue the medium size chiffon petals around the flower’s center.
- Glue the large vanilla petals around the flower’s center.
- Pull the petals away from the center to open up the flower.
- Glue the floral wire into the center of the base of the flower.
- Wrap the base of the flower and the wire with floral tape.
More to Explore
Join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for my DIY crafting made simple, or sign up for a Lia Griffith membership for even more fun. Remember to use #LoveLia when sharing photos of your projects… we love seeing your creativity in action! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team