Hey everyone! It’s Lia here. I am so excited to share some news with you. My team and I have been preparing a gift for all of our annual members this year and it is a full master class called A Beginner’s Guide to Crepe Paper Flowers.
I can hardly wait until January when we start this class together and spread even more joy, love, and beauty around this world with beautiful crepe paper flowers.
This master class is valued at $150 and is FREE for all annual members — all you need to do is register for the class by December 31st!
Altogether there are 12 lessons in our crepe paper flower master class. We will begin on January 1st with a personal welcome from me. Then, new lessons will release every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Each lesson includes a video and workbook pages, so you can craft along with everyone in the course and share your work on our private Facebook page for members. The master class will finish with me teaching a live workshop on how to arrange a crepe paper flower bouquet with live greenery on January 29th.
By the end of the month, you will have learned every part of the flower-making process and be able to use these techniques for every crepe paper flower you make during the course and long after. The goal of this master class is to help you get started and feel confident in your crafting abilities. Even if you have already made some paper flowers, I would still encourage you to take this class because there’s always something new to learn!
When you have finished the 12 lessons in this master class, you will receive a special printable certificate of completion. All enrolled annual members will have access to review any of the video lessons and workbook until March 31, 2021.
What do you think? Will you join me in January? Register now to save your spot!
Materials and tools needed for our master class:
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper: Vanilla, Blush, Honeysuckle, Cypress, Juniper, and Ruby (Note: Ruby is optional — you can also use a red marker to color your Chiffon crepe paper — or we will show you how to use your extra Ruby crepe paper for a bonus Valentine’s Day project!)
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper: Blush, Pink Hibiscus, Nectarine, and Juniper
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper: White & Vanilla + Vanilla & Chiffon and Ferns & Moss
- Cotton Spun Paper Balls – 10mm and 12mm (you can also use 8mm and 15mm)
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire (temporarily out of stock–see alternative options below)
- 24-Gauge White Paper Covered Wire (temporarily out of stock–see alternative option below)
- Bind Wire – Green (optional)
- Branch Wire (optional) or natural branches
- Grapevine Wreath
TAPE & GLUE
- Floral Tape — Bark & Pine
- Floral Tape — Cream (optional)
- Hot Glue or Craft Glue (Use whatever you prefer! Our favorites that we use all the time for paper flowers are: High-Temp Hot Glue Gun, Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun, and Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue)
- Mod Podge – Matte
SCISSORS & TOOLS
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Pinking Shears
- Mini Clips (optional)
- Paintbrushes – Blick Essentials Value Set (we used 9 Round, 1/2″ Flat, 3/4″ Flat)
- Art Sponges – PanPastel Sofft Tools, mixed
You can use any craft paint or markers that you prefer! During the course, I will show you a variety of options for how to color your flowers.
- PanPastel Lia Griffith Designer Set
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Wine, Bubble Gum Pink, and Black
- Blick Matte Paint — Gold Metallic
- Design Master Spray Paint — Tangerine (optional)
Please note: We ship from our Felt Paper Scissors shop to the US and internationally to Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK. As a small business, we are continually working on international shipping prices, but you can also check out our international suppliers here.