It’s Ornamentary, My Dear
Fall in love with felt! Our embroidered felt ornaments are a must-craft this holiday season. If you’re new to embroidery, watch our DIY embroidered t-shirt video for a little extra help with the basics. These ornaments are a wonderful heirloom accessory to add to your own personal collection and make for beautiful handcrafted holiday gifts as well! Merry Christmas, crafters!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Wool Blend Felt in Pink, Grapefruit, Merlot
- DMC Embroidery Floss in Light Pink (963), Coral (223), Maroon (902) and Gold (PRD2579)
- Tombow Marker in Light Blue (451)
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the felt pieces (two of each shape).
- Follow the template to draw the details with your iron-on transfer pencil, then iron the shapes onto your light colored felt. Use the marker to draw the design on your darker felt.
- Make a double cross-stitch by first stitching vertically, then stitch across to create a cross shape.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we can’t wait to see what you create! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
[…] Christmas ornaments: you can choose between salt dough ornaments, fire-engraved wooden rings or embroidered felt ornaments. The key is to pick a few primary colours and stick with […]
[…] Source […]
[…] Christmas, I want to give felt a try in my craft projects especially because of these wonderful embroidered felt ornaments from Lia Griffith, yes her again 😊 and this lovely […]