We love a good felt project, and this mini felt cactus set has truly captured our hearts. We found some charming tea cups at a local second hand shop and created these precious cacti with a Valentine’s Day twist.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Print the PDF pattern and use each piece as a guide for cutting your felt. Here we used a combination of regular scissors and pinking shears for variety.
- Use hot glue to glue around edges of hearts, leaving an opening at the bottom so you can stuff the hearts with poly-fill.
- Cut a 3 or so inch length of floral wire, stick it into the bottom opening, then glue the heart shut to secure the floral wire.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Feel free to get creative with your “vessel” – tea cups are adorable but these would be just as great using regular terra cotta pots. After finishing your felt cactus set, you can add our printable tags to make a cute gift. Download the PDF below and print onto white cardstock.
If you love working with felt, be sure to browse our entire collection of felt DIYs. For more cactus-inspired projects, find our pincushion cactus or potted crepe paper cacti. Pop over to our membership page to join our crafting community, or leave a comment below with suggestions for projects you’d like to see next! We love seeing your crafty makes, so please share them on Instagram with #DIYDreamingWithLia. Enjoy! ~ Lia & Team
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Juniper, Fern, Mist, and Cherry
- 24 Gauge Floral Wire
- Stuffie Puff
- Tea Cups
- Foam Balls
- Dried Moss
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member