We received so many wonderful submissions for September’s Member Make Challenge! Thank you to all of our annual members who took part in our creative challenge this month. I love seeing what you create as well as how you style your flowers, too. And I can’t wait to see what you do with this next challenge! Scroll down to see the flowers that our crafting community made and get more details on the October Member Make Challenge.
October Member Make Challenge: Crepe Paper Sunflower
Sunflowers are such a bright and happy flower. For the October Member Make Challenge, I will show you how to make this stunning sunflower using crepe paper. You can see how it’s done and follow along on YouTube Live. As always, you can make your sunflower the way I do or make it in different colors and sizes.
How to Join the October Challenge
- Become an annual member and join our exclusive Facebook group to get the pattern for this sunflower. You will also receive an email on Thursday, October 4 with the pattern and a link to the YouTube Live demo.
- Gather the tools and materials listed below before we go live on YouTube. You will find the pattern on the annual member Facebook page (or in the email we’ve sent you). If you would like to make your sunflower along with me, make sure to cut your pattern ahead of time.
- Tune in on Friday, October 5 at 12:00 p.m. PST to craft with me LIVE on our YouTube channel. You can find the link to the YouTube Live tutorial on the annual member Facebook page and in your email.
- If you have questions during the live lesson, feel free to ask them during our YouTube Live or on our Instagram or Facebook pages.
- If you can’t make the live video, don’t worry! You can always watch the playback on our annual member Facebook page.
- Create your personalized version of our October Member Make Challenge and submit a picture of your sunflower to our main Facebook page with the hashtag #OctoberMemberMake.
- The deadline to submit your photo is Wednesday, October 24 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- When you submit your crepe paper sunflower photo to our Facebook page, be sure to add a little blurb about your experience making this flower. We’d love to share how you felt crafting it with the rest of the community!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper in Nectarine and Chiffon (from English Garden Collection), Poppy, Tangerine, and Mango (from Tropical Garden Collection), and Pear and Juniper (from Botanical Garden Collection)
Petals: NectarineSepals & Leaves: JuniperStamen 1: Pear (cut 5)Stamen 2: Chiffon (cut 2), Juniper (cut 1), Mango (cut 1), Tangerine (cut 1)Stamen 3: Mango (cut 1)Stamen 4: Poppy (cut 1)
- PanPastel Pigments in Magenta and Orange
- 18-Gauge Floral Wire
- 24-Gauge Floral Wire
- Floral Tape in Moss
Featured Photos From the September Member Make Challenge