Simple Christmas Decoration!
This simple winter village decoration is so easy to make if you have a personal cutting machine. It can also be cut by hand if you have a steady arm and some patience! You all loved our Halloween paper cut village so we knew we had to out do ourselves and design a winter village for the holiday season. We took it one step further this time around and created a design that is not only one layer of paper but three. This winter village has a mountain scape in the background with little village houses, clock towers, light poles and trees in the front two layers. The cut also features a bridge and deer, a rabbit and fox. These are a perfect match for the gorgeous paper cut lanterns.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
- Cut out along solid lines using a detail knife.
- Score along the dotted lines using a scoring tool and ruler.
- Glue the pieces together where indicated. There are 3 pieces per each of the 3 layers.
- Fold along the score lines, alternating between mountain and valley folds (like an accordion).
- Place the 3 layers one in front of the other for display, with the shortest layer in front and the mountains in the back.
Making and Storing
I love this style of decor because it works well as winter decor from Fall through January. If you store it carefully, it will be a perfect winter decoration for many years to come. Though we did cut our village on our Cricut Explore, you can use the SVG files for any cutting machine. For this village an 8.5×11 white card stock works well. For those of you who like to hand cut, we are also offering the printable template. Just use the buttons below to download.
- Cricut Cutting Machine – optional!
- Detail Knife (if cutting by hand)
- Scoring Tool or Bone Folder
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member