We get a lot of requests to make different animal stuffies — especially woodland creatures. A felt wolf seemed to fit in well with the rest of our September collection, which includes DIY crafts for fall and Halloween. Plus it’s Krista’s favorite animal!
All of the tools and materials we used are linked on the right hand side of this post. Plus you can find the template and tutorial at the end of the post.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Who’s Afraid of this Big Bad Wolf?
This felt wolf stuffie is somewhere between a beginner and intermediate project and features four types of stitches — all of which you can learn how to do in our embroidery guide. We are here to help you learn no matter your skill level, so don’t be afraid to just jump on in!
As with all of our animal stuffies, we recommend using a high-quality wool blend felt. Krista chose to use our marble felt that has a beautiful heathered texture, perfect for the fur of a fluffy grey wolf. She also added some seed stitches for more detail on the face and tail.
If you end up making this felt wolf, we’d love to see it! You can share any projects you make from the site with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram or Facebook.
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Felt Wolf
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using a Cricut Maker/Silhouette Cameo 4 or scissors.
- Sew the legs to the underside piece using two strands of the lighter grey embroidery floss and a whip stitch, working from what will be the inside of the legs. Match and follow the curve of the leg openings, and ensure that the legs are facing the right way.
- Repeat the step above for all of the wolf’s legs.
Full tutorial available for members to download on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Marble and Dove
- Embroidery Floss — Light Steel Grey (318), Dark Pewter Grey (413), and Black (310)
- Stuffie Puff — Fiber Fill
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member