Don’t feel like carving pumpkins this year? There are so many others way to get creative with your pumpkins! If you want some easy pumpkin decorating ideas, you can make these bat and cat felt pumpkin decorations in just four steps.
Our designer Krista made these cute felt pumpkin decorations with just a few tools and materials. While she used our cutting machine to cut out the patterns for these bat and cat pumpkins, you could also use scissors for this project.
These pumpkin patterns are simple for kids to cut, too. And to make it even easier, we included a printable version as well for kids. The printable version is ready to go—all kids have to do is cut out the patterns once you print them.
If you’re using a cutting machine, download the SVG file below. Otherwise, download the PDF template if you’re cutting the pattern out of felt or the printable version if you’re cutting the pattern out of paper. Then just follow our instructions below!
Have you started decorating yet? We’d love to see your DIY Halloween decorations this year! Make sure to use the hashtag #MadeWithLia when you post your projects so we can spot them easily. Happy crafting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine or Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Fabric Stiffening Spray (Optional) — Aleene’s Stiffen Quik
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Black, Mango, and White
- Benzie Wool Blend Felt – Orange
- Black Faux Pumpkin
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern below.
- Assemble together the felt pieces using low-temp hot glue. You can use fabric stiffener on the bat wings, cat tail, and ears to help them stand upright. Let dry.
- Glue the felt pieces onto a black faux pumpkin.
Want More Ideas for Halloween?
You can find all of our Halloween DIY projects here. Explore Halloween costumes, decorations, and more!
You can also join our crafting community to access all of our DIY projects. This includes printable patterns, SVG files, easy tutorials, and more—for thousands of projects. Head on over to our membership page now to see our two membership options as well as the full list of exclusive perks for members. Much love! ~Lia and team