This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ribbon by Design.
When you are wrapping your handmade gifts for the winter holidays or any occasion, a pretty bow is the perfect finishing touch. Though we do cover some different ways for how to tie a bow in our mini course on gift wrapping, I wanted to create a free video tutorial for you all that goes into a bit more detail.
Also I’m excited to partner with Ribbon by Design again to give you another coupon code for your holiday ribbons!
Put a bow on it
Thank you Ribbon by Design for sharing your beautifully printed ribbons so I could demonstrate these five techniques for how to tie a bow! I am even showing a quick bonus tip for using ribbons with a design printed only on one side.
Here are the five bow-tying techniques you will see in the video below:
1) Basic Straight Bow. For this first tip, I am going to show you how to tie a bow that sits straight on your box and aligns with the ribbon that wraps around your box.
2) Basic Side Bow. Using the same steps for the straight bow, I show you one small variation to have your bow cross the ribbon that wraps around your box.
3) Tiffany-style Bow. This is the simplest technique to wrap the ribbon round both sides of the box and create a flat surface on the bottom of your box.
4) Corner Angle Ribbon. A great variation for wrapping a box with ribbon is using the corners. This style offers a space in the middle of the box to add a pretty gift tag or embellishment.
5) Simple Big Fluffy Bow. This technique is a very simple version to create a large bow when you have extra ribbon to create a statement bow. The only additional material you need is a small piece of wire to bundle and create the fluffy loops.
From now through December 31st, 2021, you can get 20% off your ribbons from Ribbon by Design with the code LiaGriffith20 at checkout!
- Buffalo Plaid Ribbon on Red Grosgrain
- Deer with Green Pine Branches
- Gingerbread Houses in a Row
- Gingerbread Men
- Holly Leaves Ribbon
- Moose Ribbon in Black Silhouette
- Mushroom Ribbon in Woodland Theme
- Nordic Pattern Ribbon
- Pinecone Ribbon on Green Background
- Pinecone Ribbon on White Background
- Woodland Fox Ribbon
Or, view their entire Holiday Collection.
Want more gift wrapping tips? Members can check out our gift wrapping mini course. Or browse through all of our DIY gift wrapping ideas and inspiration.
Learn more about Ribbon by Design
Ribbon by Design is a small, woman-owned business in the USA. We design and print all of our stock ribbon in our studio using dye-sublimation technology. They will not fade, peel or flake as the design is dyed onto the ribbon with special bonding inks. Our ribbons can be sewn, used as labels, and are appropriate for quilting and other craft projects. Custom printed ribbon is our specialty. We are happy to assist with questions regarding custom ribbon, and we pride ourselves with outstanding customer service.
Become a Member to get more projects
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
I’ve bought your book Cutting Machine Crafts . How do I down load the code in the book for the temples ?
There is a URL next to the code — just type in the URL and enter the code! If you need help still, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I trying download and won’t I try on cricut and still won’t
Hi Janet! What are you trying to download? There are no files on this post to download. I recommend watching our mini course on how to download and upload SVG files for Cricut, which you can find here: https://liagriffith.com/craft-academy/how-to-use-files-cricut/. If you are still having trouble after watching our videos, please email email@example.com so we can help you further.
This was an awesome step by step into finger dexterity that produces such beauty! Thank you for these wonderful tips.
I can now pass this technique to my daughters and their friends in our Mom & Daughter Church crafting group!!
That is fantastic! So happy you found this video!
Having some finger dexterity envy watching this video! Great content, I have been looking for something like this for years.
So happy to hear! It might take a little practice, but you will get it!