This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ribbon by Design.
When you are wrapping your handmade gifts for the winter holidays or any occasion, a pretty bow is the perfect finishing touch. Though we do cover some different ways for how to tie a bow in our mini course on gift wrapping, I wanted to create a free video tutorial for you all that goes into a bit more detail.
Also I’m excited to partner with Ribbon by Design again to give you another coupon code for your holiday ribbons!
Put a bow on it
Thank you Ribbon by Design for sharing your beautifully printed ribbons so I could demonstrate these five techniques for how to tie a bow! I am even showing a quick bonus tip for using ribbons with a design printed only on one side.
Here are the five bow-tying techniques you will see in the video below:
1) Basic Straight Bow. For this first tip, I am going to show you how to tie a bow that sits straight on your box and aligns with the ribbon that wraps around your box.
2) Basic Side Bow. Using the same steps for the straight bow, I show you one small variation to have your bow cross the ribbon that wraps around your box.
3) Tiffany-style Bow. This is the simplest technique to wrap the ribbon round both sides of the box and create a flat surface on the bottom of your box.
4) Corner Angle Ribbon. A great variation for wrapping a box with ribbon is using the corners. This style offers a space in the middle of the box to add a pretty gift tag or embellishment.
5) Simple Big Fluffy Bow. This technique is a very simple version to create a large bow when you have extra ribbon to create a statement bow. The only additional material you need is a small piece of wire to bundle and create the fluffy loops.
From now through December 31st, 2021, you can get 20% off your ribbons from Ribbon by Design with the code LiaGriffith20 at checkout!
- Buffalo Plaid Ribbon on Red Grosgrain
- Deer with Green Pine Branches
- Gingerbread Houses in a Row
- Gingerbread Men
- Holly Leaves Ribbon
- Moose Ribbon in Black Silhouette
- Mushroom Ribbon in Woodland Theme
- Nordic Pattern Ribbon
- Pinecone Ribbon on Green Background
- Pinecone Ribbon on White Background
- Woodland Fox Ribbon
Or, view their entire Holiday Collection.
Learn more about Ribbon by Design
Ribbon by Design is a small, woman-owned business in the USA. We design and print all of our stock ribbon in our studio using dye-sublimation technology. They will not fade, peel or flake as the design is dyed onto the ribbon with special bonding inks. Our ribbons can be sewn, used as labels, and are appropriate for quilting and other craft projects. Custom printed ribbon is our specialty. We are happy to assist with questions regarding custom ribbon, and we pride ourselves with outstanding customer service.