Where are our crepe paper gardeners at? This crepe paper basil herb plant is super easy to make and is a great starter project for anyone who is new to crafting with crepe paper.
To get started, see our tools and materials list below. Then follow our step-by-step tutorial.
Basil(aclly) The Easiest Herb To Make
This crepe paper basil herb plant is a fun way to add just a touch of greenery to your home. Place it in your kitchen, display it on a shelf, or use it as table decor. We’d love to see what you do with this little potted plant, so be sure to share photos on our Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: If you’d like some more guidance on how to make this crepe paper basil herb plant, we created a video tutorial for all of our crepe paper herbs over here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper – Clover
- Terracotta Pot
- Floral Tape
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- PanPastel – Pearlescent Yellow
How to Make a Crepe Paper Basil Herb Plant
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out crepe paper according to pattern, using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Glue sides of crepe paper leaves together with floral wire between.
- Curl edges of leaf downward; curve wire down to cup leaf shape.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love making paper plants and flowers? You can browse all of our paper plants for more ideas. Or check out all of our paper flowers here. We also have two other herbs you can make — our crepe paper rosemary and our crepe paper lavender.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.