Where are our crepe paper gardeners at? We just completed the latest addition to our crepe paper herb garden. This basil herb plant is super easy and is a great starter project for anyone who is new to crafting with crepe paper. In just 6 easy steps you can craft your very own basil plant to display proudly in your home. All you have to do is gather the tools and materials and scroll down to follow along with our simple photo tutorial.
Browse other crepe paper herbs here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper – “Clover” from Botanical Garden Pack
- Terracotta Pot
- Floral Tape
- 24 Gauge Floral Wire
- Pearlescent Yellow
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out crepe paper according to pattern.
- Glue sides of leaves together with wire between.
- Curl edges of leaf downward; curve wire down to cup leaf shape.
- Use floral tape to attach two smallest leaves together, then continue to attach leaves from small to large.
- Arrange stems in small pot. Apply PanPastel to leaves with paintbrush.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team