Just in time for spring – a plant that will last you year round. We’re loving this crepe paper Begonia plant with its polka dot leaves and peek of pink. Crafting your own is easy as pie. Just gather the tools and materials listed below and follow along with our fool-proof steps.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Lia Grith “Evergreen”
- Double Sided Crepe Paper – Lia Grith “Peony Pink + Flamingo”
- Art Markers – Copic Sketch “Bush (BG96)”, “Celadon Green (YG25)”
- Paint Pen – Sharpie “White”
- White Paper Covered Floral Wire – 20 Gauge
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18 Gauge
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut six 8in lengths of wire, then use floral tape to hold the wires together. Cut 7 rectangles of each crepe paper color following the template notes.
- Bend the wires out in a fan shape, then from left to right cut the wires down to 2.5in, 3.5in, 2in, 4in, 6in, and 4in.
- Bend and curve the wires as shown below to resemble leaf veins.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
I know U can help. Ur pattern for begonia leaf pattern only shows 1 leaf. Is this correct? Thanks, Alice.
Thanks for reaching out! We cut seven of the leaves for our plant, but you can make as many as you’d like! The template only shows one, but you’ll cut multiple of them out to create your very own plant.
Oh, this is just great! First, when I saw an image preview, I thought it was natural plant! :)) Thanks for the instructions! Cheers!!
Thank you so much, love hearing comments like this! 🙂