Just in time for spring – a plant that will last you year round. We’re loving this crepe paper Begonia plant with its polka dot leaves and peek of pink. Crafting your own is easy as pie. Just gather the tools and materials listed below and follow along with our fool-proof steps.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Lia Grith “Evergreen”
Double Sided Crepe Paper – Lia Grith “Peony Pink + Flamingo”
Art Markers – Copic Sketch “Bush (BG96)”, “Celadon Green (YG25)”
Paint Pen – Sharpie “White”
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut six 8in lengths of wire, then use floral tape to hold the wires together. Cut 7 rectangles of each crepe paper color following the template notes.
- Bend the wires out in a fan shape, then from left to right cut the wires down to 2.5in, 3.5in, 2in, 4in, 6in, and 4in.
- Bend and curve the wires as shown below to resemble leaf veins.
- Take the crepe paper – dark pink side facing up, push the end of the wires through the crepe about an inch from the edge to cover the wires.
- Flip the crepe over, apply mod podge to the entire piece of crepe using a paint brush.
- Glue the green crepe to the pink sandwiching the wires between the two. Allow the glue to dry then apply mod podge to the green crepe.
- Allow the mod podge to dry, then cut out a leaf shape following the template provided.
- Use a white paint pen to paint over the wires and make the white dots. 10. Use the green markers to color over the white vein lines.
- Use floral tape to attach a 16in wire to the short stem. Wrap it 4 times with floral tape to thicken the stem.
- Attach 8in wires to the remaining leaves making the stems as thick as the first, then use floral tape to attach them to the 16in stem.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team