Stir up some woodland magic with our DIY bottle brush crepe paper trees. Our designer Meagan came up with this concept and we are loving it! These trees are so fun to craft—and they make such cute Christmas décor.
For these crepe paper trees, we used extra fine crepe in Blush, Silver, Gold, and Cypress plus heavy crepe in Pine from our online shop. You can use the same colors or get creative with this DIY idea and craft some crepe paper trees in other colors and sizes. It’s all up to you!
Simply gather the supplies listed below and craft along with our simple step-by-step photo tutorial. Whimsical woodland wonderment awaits!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper in Blush, Silver, Gold, and Cypress & Heavy Crepe Paper in Pine
- Floral Wire — 26-Gauge
- Popsicle Sticks
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Using scissors, cut a piece of crepe according to the template notes.
- Fold a 25″ piece of wire in half, then attach a popsicle stick to each end by wrapping the wire around it.
- Unfold the fringed crepe and place all six pieces in between the two wires with the fringe on either side.
- Twist the popsicle sticks in opposite directions to begin twisting the crepe.
- Continue twisting.
- Cut off the popsicle sticks and fluff up the crepe paper.
- Stick the wire into the cork.
- Trim the crepe tree into shape.
Questions? Feedback? Don’t forget to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects—you never fail to inspire us! Merry Christmas ~ Lia & team