A Leaf Motif
Our crepe paper calathea plant is as simple as it is fun to create! This pretty paper plant project will liven up your home with its bright greens and whimsical shapes. Featuring our new heavy crepe, as well as some of our extra fine, it’s okay to get a little crepe cray over projects like these. Simply gather the supplies listed below and craft along with our photo tutorial at the bottom of the page…
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffth Crepe Paper — Heavy Clover and Extra-Fine Merlot
- Green Paper-Covered Floral Wire – 18-Gauge
- Copic Marker in YG17
- Faber-Castell Marker in White
- Fusible Web
How to Make a Crepe Paper Calathea Plant
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Then download the pattern below.
- Iron the crepe papers together with fuse, making sure the grain lines are going in the same direction. Watch this video on how to make your own double-sided crepe paper!
- Cut out the leaves according to the pattern.
- Glue both sides of the leaf with 18-gauge floral wire in between.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.