Our crepe paper calathea plant is as simple as it is fun to create! This pretty paper plant project will liven up your home with its bright greens and whimsical shapes. Featuring our new heavy crepe, as well as some of our extra fine, it’s okay to get a little crepe cray over projects like these. Simply gather the supplies listed below and craft along with our photo tutorial at the bottom of the page…
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffth Crepe Paper in Clover (Heavy) and Merlot (Extra Fine)
- Green Paper-Covered Floral Wire – 18-gauge
- Copic Marker in YG17
- Faber-Castell Marker in White
- Fusible Interfacing
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Iron the crepe papers together with fuse, making sure the grain lines are going in the same direction.
- Cut out the leaves according to the pattern.
- Glue both sides of the leaf with 18-gauge floral wire in between.
- Use white marker to add details to the outer edges and center. Go over the white marker in the center with the green art marker.
- Cut strips of merlot crepe with the grain going the width of the paper. Wrap around the floral wire and secure with glue.
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team