Craft Yourself a Spa Day
In nature Eucalyptus branches are known for their healing properties, especially when it comes to the respiratory system. For us crafting mimics these benefits; it gives us a chance to breathe and press pause on our busy lives and it heals our souls in the process. This project uses our very own heavy crepe paper. If you’d like to join us in adding this aura of peaceful craft to your space, just follow along with our stress-free tutorial below. For an added benefit, spray the leaves with Eucalyptus essential oil when you are finished. All you have to do is crank up some calming tunes, take a nice deep breath and settle into your craft.
Click here for our beginner’s guide on how to make crepe paper flowers.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Heavy Crepe Paper – Lia Griffith “Juniper”
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18 Gauge
- Floral Tape – Lia Griffith “Bark”
- PanPastel – “Chromium Oxide Green Tint” (660.8)
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut the crepe paper according to the template notes using scissors.
- Using a paint brush color both sides of each leaf with the panpastel.
- Wrap the full length of the wire with brown floral tape.
- Place a small leaf on either side of the wires tip, then secure them in place with floral tape.
- Repeat with two more small leaves, place them about an inch bellow the leaves above.
- Continue adding 8 more sets of large leaves to the stem, each spaced about an inch apart.
- Pull each leaf away from the stem then cup and stretch each leaf towards the stem.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team