Greenery always brings such positive energy to a space. Our crepe paper magnolia leaves are a lovely way to bring the outdoors in. Download our pattern and follow our simple set of instructions to give your home a bit of Southern flair! For how to make double sided crepe paper, watch Lia’s helpful video tutorial here. Happy crafting!
Tools & Materials
- Needle Nosed Pliers
- Rotary Cutter
- Extra Fine Crepe in Juniper and Copper
- Fusible Web
- White Craft Glue
- Brown Floral Tape
- 18 Gauge Floral Wire
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Place interfacing between sheets of green and copper crepe and iron at a high temperature. This will create a piece of double sided crepe.
- Cut crepe in diagonal strips. The grain will run at about a 45 degree angle to the cut.
- Cut some strips with the grain running in the opposite direction.
- Cut leaves according to the template (seven leaves per branch).
- Apply a line of white glue along one leaf edge and place wire on top. Apply a tiny bit more glue on top of the wire and then place the edge of the second leaf half on top so that wire is sandwiched between.
- Create seven leaves and allow to dry.
- Use scissors to round the tip of the leaf and then wrap the stem with floral tape, about 1” down.
- Bend the tops of stems as shown and connect three leaves with floral tape.
- Continue wrapping tape down the stem, adding four more leaves.
- If making a larger branch, take a group of five pieces of wire and wrap them with floral tape.
- Use floral tape to connect the first group of leaves to this branch.
- Attach a second set of leaves to the branch.
- Bend and stretch the leaves to make them more realistic and to reveal the metallic underside.
For more paper botanical projects, click here.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for even more DIY project ideas! Want to take it to the next level? Become a member and join our community of crafters. Remember to use #LoveLia when sharing any of your photos on social media! And always feel free to reach out to us with any of your comments, questions or concerns – we love hearing from you. Cheers! ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.