This tropical leaf has inspired a variety of monstera projects you’ll find on our site. However, this time we are switching it up from the monstera deliciosa! Designed by Meagan, this crepe paper monstera minima plant features smaller leaves on a trailing stem made from floral wire.
This paper plant is simple to make and a great craft project for beginners. Just check out our supplies list below, then download our template and tutorial at the end of the post.
Our crepe paper monstera minima plant would be a pretty addition to your kitchen counter, dining room table, or living room mantel. We love how it looks trailing up the bendy moss pole, but you could also use a stick or dowel. Though we kept our moss pole pretty straight, you could always bend it into a circle, heart, or other fun shape to make your paper plant look even more unique.
We’d love to see what you do with this DIY idea! Be sure to share photos on our crafters community page or use the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tips: Shaping the paper leaves is easiest when the Mod Podge has just dried and is still malleable. If the leaves are hard to shape, setting them in front of a header or using a blow dryer will soften them up.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Ferns & Moss
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green and 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Tape — Green
- Mod Podge – Matte
- Bendable Moss Pole for Potting (or you can use a stick or dowel)
- Pot, Foam, and Pebbles (for potting)
How to Make a Crepe Paper Monstera Minima Plant
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our template below.
- Cut out crepe paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Glue the two leaf halves over a 24-gauge green wire using white glue
- Mod podge both sides of each leaf using a paint brush.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.