Our crepe paper pears are DIY deliciousness! A fresh and fruity project that’s oh-so simple to create. Make a few for your Christmas tree and/or use them as year-round decor for dressing up your tabletops or mantels. Featuring extra fine crepe paper from our online shop, these pears look almost good enough to eat. Gather the supplies listed below and take a bit out of this project today!
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper in Cranberry, Cypress, Gold and Copper
- PanPastels in Violet and Rich Gold
- Sculpey in Suede Brown
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Carve the foam egg into a pear shape.
- Make a hole in the top and bottom of the pear.
- Shape some small stems out of the Sculpey, then bake them according to the Sculpey instructions.
- Cut out the Crepe Paper according to the template notes using scissors.
- Cover the foam pear with the square of crepe paper.
- Push the ends of the crepe paper into the hole on the bottom of the pear.
- Repeat step 7 pushing the other end of the crepe into the hole in the top of the pear.
- Color the top and bottom of the pear with the PanPastels using a paint brush.
- Using the hot glue, glue the leaves and the stem onto the top of your pear.
For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we can’t wait to see what you create! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team