Where the Wildflowers Are
This crepe paper wildflower is one of those whimsical designs that came to life in the middle of the crafting process, and we totally fell in love. It is so simple and fabulous for a little dose of pretty. We also love any chance to design flowers using the double sided crepe because it creates gorgeous visual depth. If you are just now venturing into the world of crepe crafting, this is a perfect first project! Make an adorable bouquet of paper wildflower blooms, or make a set of mini wreaths that you can hang around your home.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Click here for our beginner’s guide on how to make crepe paper flowers.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
Tools & Materials
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Print PDF template below and cut crepe paper according to pattern. Next, trim three 3.5-inch pieces of floral wire.
- Gently stretch the centers of the petals.
- Fold stamens in half and attach to floral wire by wrapping with floral tape.
- Glue overlapping petals around the stamen centers and secure with floral tape.
- Create wreath form by bending a piece of wire in a 4.5-inch diameter circle. Cover wire by wrapping in floral tape.
- Twist each flower stem around wreath form, cover with floral tape and continue wrapping tape around the wreath. Cut and glue leaves of varying sizes around the wreath, covering glued ends with floral tape if needed.
This is a fantastic flower for beginners wanting to try out paper flower making for the first time! For guidance on cutting and stretching crepe, we highly recommend watching our Crepe Paper 101 video for tips. When you download the template, you will see that there is only a pattern for the petals. But don’t worry, this is also the template for the leaves! They just happen to be the same shape. You are also welcome to free-hand your leaves to create different sizes. As we like to say, DIY wreaths are the ultimate personalization projects because you can create any type of arrangement you want. We wanted to create a delicate little wreath that we could pair with our paper mache animal heads, but you can easily craft a larger statement piece by making the base of the wreath out of paper covered wire.
We love this cute paper wildflower wreath for decor, but it is also perfect for making a pretty head wreath. Find our flower crown for more head wreath inspiration, or browse all of our crepe paper flower tutorials to design your own. Share your project photos with us on Instagram using #DIYDreamingWithLia, we love celebrating your crafty successes! Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for daily inspiration, or tell us your project suggestions in the comments section. Enjoy! ~ Lia & Team
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Honeysuckle and Coral; Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Strawberry & Tulip Pink; and Heavy Crepe Paper — Evergreen
- Craft Flower Stamens
- 18-Gauge Floral Wire
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member