Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
If you watched last month’s inspiration video and Member Make, then you met my daughter, Emily! Along with joining us for our Member Make workshops, Emily is also crafting some projects for us each month. This July, she has made these adorable DIY alien dolls as well as these frosted paper spaceships.
This is a fun and simple craft for kids to do on their own, or you can always create some aliens together! Just check out our tools and materials list, then download our template and tutorial.
Altogether, Emily made six DIY alien dolls that you can recreate using spun cotton eggs in two different sizes. To give her aliens their own unique look, she designed different eyes, noses, mouths, ears, arms, feet, and accessories. All you have to do is cut these pieces out of felt and then assemble your dolls.
Don’t forget — you can always use different colors of paint and felt when crafting your DIY alien dolls. And you can also mix and match your felt pieces to create many different combinations. Another fun option to add to your project is an egg carton painted silver that kids can use as a spaceship.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker 3 or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Papaya, Amethyst, Tidepool, Robin’s Egg, Ochre, Kelp, and Evergreen
- Spun Cotton Eggs – 58mm and 36mm
- Acrylic Paint – Blick Blue Violet Light, Yellow Medium, Yellow Green Medium, Violet Medium, Sapphire, Green Medium, and Lumiere Metallic Silver 563
- Paint Pens – Posca Black and White
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Egg Carton
How to Make DIY Alien Dolls
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Paint the cotton spun eggs using various colors of acrylic paint.
- Cut out a section of egg carton and paint with metallic silver paint.
- Use a cutting machine with our SVG file or hand cut pieces from the template.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member