Easter Headbands for You and the Kids
For every holiday we like to offer a good balance between classic, nostalgic crafts and projects that are more new and unique. Here is a cute twist on regular bunny ears. This simple project is a great activity to do together with your kids leading up to Easter to get them in the holiday spirit. Customize your bunny ears headband with cute paint colors or patterns, and then keep them to wear for future years.
- Sewing Needle
- Sewing Pins
- Low-Temperature Hot Glue Gun
- Small Paintbrush
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Dove and White
- White Embroidery Floss
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Air Erasing Fabric Marker (optional)
- Gather the tools and materials listed above, then print the PDF template at the bottom of the post.
- Trace the pattern onto your felt. You can use an erasing fabric marker to do this. Mirror the pattern to create two bunny ears, and cut two pieces of this mirrored pattern.
- Use the end of a small paintbrush handle to paint dots onto one side of both pieces of felt. Let dry.
- Pin both felt pieces together with the polka dots facing outward. Blanket stitch the entire outer edge using 3 strands of embroidery floss.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Our favorite places to get our felt materials are Benzie Design, A Child’s Dream Come True and Felt on the Fly. Pick out some matching embroidery floss, or use a color like gold to add in a subtle metallic accent. We went with soft spring color palettes by making grey and white and white and teal combinations. Mixing colors is the best way to personalize these felt bunny ears! If you want to brush up on your blanket stitching skills with this project, be sure to watch our Felt Crafting 101 video for a tutorial.
For more DIY Easter inspiration, check out all of our Easter projects. Explore the possibilities of felt crafting, or give us your suggestions for new projects in the comments below. We’d love to see your take on these bunny ears, so share your project photos with us on Instagram using #DIYDreamingWithLia. Head to our membership page to start downloading or browse our collection of video tutorials for more beautiful DIY ideas. Cheers! ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Where can I find these wire headbands?
Amazon! There are a few options, just search “metal headbands” or “silver metal craft headbands”.
[…] Credits: ©liagriffith.com […]
Used to be could print out all of text, now get all projects, not current one interested in. Did something change or ? Want to print out photo how-to’s. What can I do to get those? please answer in separate reply from this current post so I get it. I need photos to help me remember.
Bunny ears are so doggoned adorable and easy to make, love them. Might just have to make set for son-in-law.
Hi JaneEllen, nothing has changed on our end. Make sure you’re in the post you want. You can save the photo tutorial by right-clicking on the image and selecting “save-as”, then print that 🙂