For every holiday we like to offer a good balance between classic, nostalgic crafts and projects that are more new and unique. Here is a cute twist on regular bunny ears. This simple project is a great activity to do together with your kids leading up to Easter to get them in the holiday spirit. Customize your bunny ears headband with cute paint colors or patterns, and then keep them to wear for future years.
- Sewing Needle
- Sewing Pins
- Low Temperature Hot Glue Gun
- Small Paintbrush
- Wool/Wool Blend Felt
- White Embroidery Floss (to match felt)
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Air Erasing Fabric Marker (optional)
- Gather the tools and materials listed above, then print the PDF template at the bottom of the post.
- Trace the pattern onto your felt. You can use an erasing fabric marker to do this. Mirror the pattern to create two bunny ears, and cut two pieces of this mirrored pattern.
- Use the end of a small paintbrush handle to paint dots onto one side of both pieces of felt. Let dry.
- Pin both felt pieces together with the polka dots facing outward. Blanket stitch the entire outer edge using 3 strands of embroidery floss.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Our favorite places to get our felt materials are Benzie Design, A Child’s Dream Come True and Felt on the Fly. Pick out some matching embroidery floss, or use a color like gold to add in a subtle metallic accent. We went with soft spring color palettes by making grey and white and white and teal combinations. Mixing colors is the best way to personalize these felt bunny ears! If you want to brush up on your blanket stitching skills with this project, be sure to watch our Felt Crafting 101 video for a tutorial.
For more DIY Easter inspiration, check out all of our Easter projects. Explore the possibilities of felt crafting, or give us your suggestions for new projects in the comments below. We’d love to see your take on these bunny ears, so share your project photos with us on Instagram using #DIYDreamingWithLia. Head to our membership page to start downloading or browse our collection of video tutorials for more beautiful DIY ideas. Cheers! ~ Lia & Team