If you need some easy home decor inspiration to help you personalize your work or living space, one of our favorite options is to use vinyl. This simple material is perfect for creating removable designs that you can use to reflect your individual style, even as it evolves or transitions with the seasons. We spent an afternoon making these adorable DIY citrus stools, and the result was even cuter than we imagined!
Ready to get started? Check out the tools and materials we used below, then follow our simple instructions to create your own versions of these citrus stools.
Sitting on a Slice of Sunshine
We love citrus designs because they are great for almost any season. They bloom in the winter, but they have a color palette that radiates summertime. We are all about the bright colors this month, so if you need a little pick-me-up, we recommend making some of our citrus-inspired crafts!
Ready to get started? These citrus stools would be super cute in a kitchen, or you could craft just one for your bathroom or a kid’s room.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: We cut our vinyl using yellow and coral colors to make grapefruits and lemons, but you can also use this same design in green to create limes or orange to make oranges. Follow the short photo tutorial below for a visual guide to making your own citrus stools!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Vinyl — Yellow, Coral, and Lime
- Acrylic Craft Paint — White, Yellow and Coral
- Transfer Tape
- Wood Stools
- Gather your tools and materials. Then, download our SVG file to use with your cutting machine, or print the PDF version to trace onto your vinyl if you are cutting by hand.
- Paint the seat of your stool with a layer of white craft paint.
- After the white paint dries, paint the edges of the seat in a yellow or coral paint to match your vinyl.
- Cut the vinyl designs and apply to the stool.
- Add leaf designs to legs as you like.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.