This papercut fern wreath aligns perfectly with one of my top home decor tips—bring the outside in! Whether your plants are real or made out of paper, a little bit of greenery can really liven up a room. Because we’re always thinking ahead to the next season, our designer May created this gorgeous fern wreath to help us transition into fall. While this DIY fall wreath looks detailed, you can make it yourself in just a few steps.
A Welcoming Wreath for Your Entryway
Since ferns are my favorite plant, I’m always looking for ways to use them in our handcrafted projects. We also recently redecorated our mudroom entryway, which meant it was time to make a new wreath!
Adding wreaths to your walls, doors, and tables is another one of my top home decor tips. I love wreaths because they give any room a fresh, festive look. Plus, they make your home look so inviting, which is exactly the atmosphere we want our entryways to create. This DIY fall wreath also fits in well with the other decor in our entryway—and our color scheme (check out our purple printable with my favorite quote!)
Our Cricut Explore Air 2 makes cutting these fern leaves so much faster. If you don’t have a cutting machine, you can still cut these leaves by hand. We used different types of paper, leaf patterns, and shades of green to give our wreath more dimension. We also created some purplish-burgundy leaves to make this a true DIY fall wreath.
While we love summer, we’re looking forward to fall and all the new decor that comes with it! What about you? Are you ready for fall yet?
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper in Fern
- Assorted Text Weight and Cardstock Paper: PS Collection Sage, Poptone Jellybean Green, Mohawk Via Pine, Stardream Metallic Ruby, and PS Collection Aubergine from PaperPapers
- 12″ Foam Wreath Form
How to Make this DIY Fall Wreath
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the fern template below.
- Cut out paper according to the pattern, using your cutting machine or scissors.
- Use your curling tool to shape all of your paper fern pieces.
- Cut a two-inch wide strip of crepe paper. Stretch and wrap it around the wreath and secure with glue.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
If you want more ideas for craft projects as we make our way toward fall, make sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube. Or, become a member today and get instant access to our vast library of projects.