Second to paper, felt is my favorite crafting material. This is a new love for me and started when I realized there are different grades of felt and that means I never need to touch the scratchy synthetic felt that is all to common at craft stores. Testing different felts we know our favorite here in the design studio is a wonderful wool blend felt or a 100% wool felt. I am experimenting with a cotton felt and will give you an update on that when I have finished testing. Today’s felt project is the adorable little koala bear. Once you have the blanket stitch down this little guy is quite simple to make.
To start your stuffie project you can download the pattern below. Pick up some black beads, embroidery thread to match and a bit of fiber fill. Follow the step-by-step tutorial and you’ll have yourself a sweet little handmade gift. Enjoy! ~ Lia
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Felt – Marble, Slate, Black, Rose Quartz,White, and Fern
- Embroidery Floss – DMC 310 Black, B5200 Snow White, 318 Light Steel Gray, and 471 Very Light Avocado Green
- Stuffie Puff
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut felt pieces according to pattern.
- Place felt details on front; glue on nose and cheeks.
- Sew black bead eyes into place and stitch mouth with black embroidery floss.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.