Light My Fire
Ignite your excitement for the great outdoors with this fire starter kit. It makes an adorable gift for dad and is small enough to take with you on your many adventures. The glass jar keeps to matches dry so you can strike the perfect flame every time. This project is part of our camp-inspired Father’s Day crafts. You can browse more rugged gift ideas for dad here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Gather the tools and materials
- Download the SVG files below and make sure the jar surface is clean.
- Cut your design onto the vinyl and weed the excess vinyl from your design.
- Use Transfer Tape to easily attach your design to the jar.
- Place the pine cone in the bottom of the jar.
- Layer the moss on top.
- Bundle about 10 matches and tie them together with the twine, you may need to cut the matches shorter to fit them in the jar.
- Cut the strike strip off the match box and add it to your fire starter kit.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
[…] know the outdoorsy dad who is so hard to shop for? Well, this DIY campfire starter kit is the perfect solution! Not only is it charming, it is really practical. Your kids will love […]
Super cute idea. What kind of moss did you use, fresh or decorative?
Hi! We linked the moss we used, it’s preserved 🙂