Spring is here and we are ready for our seasonal pillow swap! Unlike some of our other DIY pillows with more intricate designs, this floral pillow cover features big, wide blooms and beautiful greenery that spans the whole pillow.
Because this project uses heat transfer vinyl in addition to felt, we recommend using a cutting machine. However, we always include a PDF template so there is the option to cut by hand. You can also cut everything out of felt instead if you don’t have access to a cutting machine.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
What a re-leaf — it’s finally spring!
We have been seeing snow in Portland later and later, so we’re relieved that it’s finally spring and everything is beginning to bloom. This floral pillow cover is a great reminder of what we love about the season, and it’s a simple way to refresh your living room or an outdoor space. You can make this exact pillow using the supplies we linked below, or pick out your own colors to complement your decor.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: If you don’t have a cutting machine, you could replace the HTV flowers with felt so that you can hand-cut the pieces. I also like to use a few very small dots of white glue to hold the fusible webbing and felt in place before ironing them into place.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Floral Pillow Cover
- Gather your tools and materials, then download the floral pattern listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Weed out the HTV design.
- Arrange the felt and HTV pieces on the pillow before attaching. Start by ironing on the HTV flowers.
Full tutorial available for members to download listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- StarCraft Heat Press, Cricut EasyPress, or Iron
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Cricut Brayer
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Ochre and Olive
- Siser Easyweed HTV — Island Sunset Pack: Coral
- Lia Griffith Fusible Web
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- 18″x18″ Linen Pillow Cover
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member