This cotton rope DIY hanging planter is a breeze to make. It’s simpler than most macrame projects but still looks just as impressive. All you need to do is gather the materials below and follow our steps. We’ll show you the ropes and you’ll have your own hanging planter in no time!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut four 6 foot pieces of cotton rope.
- Thread the cotton rope through the ring and fold them in half so all the ends meet.
- Wrap the ropes tightly starting at the ring with the coral yarn, wrap about 3 inches down.
- Continue wrapping with the yellow yarn another 2 inches, you can secure the ends with hot glue or by tying the ends and tucking it under.
- Repeat steps 4-5 wrapping the ends of the ropes together about 6 inches from the ends.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team