This has to be my favorite card for Mother’s Day. And I know my mom would have loved it as well. She loved her garden and would have been so delighted by all of the tiny details on this papercut card. If you’re a member, you can save yourself a trip to the store and make this DIY Mother’s Day card (including the envelope!) instead.
Is your mom your best bud?
Even if your mom isn’t a gardener, we think she’ll love this DIY Mother’s Day card. Featuring pretty papercut details, this card is easy to assemble with a cutting machine. Just find your favorite papers and follow the photo tutorial below. We have included a “Mum” version for our UK members, as well!
A little tip if you are using a cutting machine — be sure to use a fresh sticky cutting mat! Those tiny bits need that extra stick to keep from jumping until you are ready to glue them into the design.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers PopTone Pink Lemonade, Jellybean Green, Berrylicious, Grapesicle, and Razzleberry
- Cardstock Weight Paper — PaperPapers PopTone Whip Cream and Basis Olive & Papersource Sage
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Adhesive Dot Roller
- Small Scrapbooking Foam Squares
DIY Mother’s Day Card Instructions
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the card template or SVG files below.
- Cut out paper pieces according to the pattern using a cutting machine (highly recommended) or by hand with a detail knife. You can pick any colors of paper, but it is recommended that you use a cardstock weight for all of the “MOM” layers to hold up to all of the little cuts and details.
- Glue down all of the flower pieces to the second paper layer.
- Use a glue dot roller to line up and attach the second layer to the third.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Pair your DIY Mother’s Day card with some handmade felt flowers or paper flowers that she can enjoy forever! Styled with our card is our sweet little hydrangea blooms made out of felt. Want more ideas for Mom? Browse all of our Mother’s Day crafts.