Set Sail With Snacks!
Need a nautical centerpiece for your next kid’s party? Never fear, the Lia Griffith sail crew is here! We’ve come up with an amazing, easy-breezy paper sailboat snack holder project. Anyone can make this DIY sailboat, giving you the perfect piece to weigh anchor in the middle of the kid’s table!
All you have to do is gather the materials and tools, then download the templates and instructions. Heave-ho on this impressive craft!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Knife
- Cutting Mat
- Glue Dot Roller
- “Twilight” My Colors Heavyweight Cardstock
- “Royal White” Recollections Linen
- Kraft Cardstock
- “Patriot Blue” Smooth Solid
- “Bluebell” Paper
- 14-ply Chipboard
- Kraft Packing Tape
- White Twine
- 12” Wooden Skewer
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut pieces according to the template. We cut the chipboard with the Cricut set to custom material – chipboard – more pressure, cut twice. You can also print out the template, trace onto chipboard, and cut with a craft knife.
- Cut packing tape into smaller strips (if needed). Tape one of the sides to base of boat, following the curve. Make sure that the side is matched up with the bow (front) and stern (back) correctly (see template PDF).
- Tape second side on. Match points of the bow together and tape edge.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
More Crafts Ashore!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.