Believe it or not, it has been five years since we last made a tulip out of frosted paper. And we have come a long way with our techniques since then! For this month’s craft collection, Meagan has designed some frosted paper tulips that will make pretty home decor or a lovely gift.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Tulip-git to quit
Tulip season is upon us! It always feels like it goes so fast, which is why we like to make these flowers out of paper and felt. This way you can enjoy them for much longer than one or two months.
Unlike the other tulips we have made, we decided to place our frosted paper tulips in a pot. If you’ve taken our Crepe Paper Flowers master class, you will know exactly how we do this! If you don’t want to pot your flowers, you could always place them in a vase or add them to a paper flower arrangement.
Skill level: Intermediate as it takes some work with the curling tool to get a good shape without wrinkling the paper.
Crafting tips: Be gentle when curling the petals so you don’t wrinkle or rip the paper. Also, make sure to apply the PanPastel shading after assembling and shaping the petals to avoid transferring the color to your fingers. If you want to be sure there is no color transfer, you could always use a spray fixative.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make Frosted Paper Tulips
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our pattern below.
- Cut paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold the paper petals around the score lines.
- Bring one side of the petal over the other and glue in place using white glue.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
For more flower inspiration, browse through all of our frosted paper flower projects. Is there a certain flower that you would like to make but can’t find a tutorial? Let us know in the comments below and we will try to bring it to life!
- Craft Scissors
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Pastel Soft Art Sponge
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Melon Pack Color: 1, Citrus Pack Color 3, and Succulent Pack Color: 2
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Cypress
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- PanPastel Artist Pastel – Pearlescent Red 953.5
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Leaf Green (048)
- Krylon Clear Matte Finish Spray (optional)
- 3″ Floral Foam Ball
- 5″ Pot
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member