Making stamped leather coasters is a great way to give a little update to your coffee table decor, or a wonderful DIY gift for a loved one. This project is surprisingly easy, and because you are stamping the letters yourself, you can customize the coasters with any words you like. As you can see from our coasters, we decided to decorate the leather with the word cheers in different languages.
- Embroidery Needle
- Steel Block
- 2mm Leather Punch
- Steel Stamp Letter Set
- Embroidery Floss (various colors)
- Blue Painter’s Tape
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Print the template at the bottom of the post.
- Cut out four circles from leather according to the template.
- Using the template as a guide, punch a hole through each dot. Hit the hole punch with the mallet 2-3 times until it breaks through. Make sure you are doing this over the steel block.
- Thread the string starting by threading up through one hole and down through the next hole. Repeat this pattern until you have threaded all the way around. Tie the two loose ends together on the underside of the coaster.
- Gather the tools and materials for stamping the letters into the leather.
- Place a piece of tape across the middle of your coaster as a guide for stamping.
- Space the letters out evenly and use the mallet to hit the stamp 2-3 times per letter to leave an imprint.
Follow the photo tutorial below for a visual guide to making stamped leather coasters!
For another project that combines leather and stamping, check out our stamped leather keychains. We have been dreaming up lots of new leather projects lately, so check out our full collection here. If you want to join our creative community to start crafting with us, visit our membership page for options. These stamped leather coasters would be a wonderful Father’s Day gift, and you can find all of our Father’s Day Projects for more inspiration. Cheers! ~ Lia & Team