Let us introduce you to our fluffy little Easter friends. We love the way they poke their heads out to say hello. Hang these tissue poms for your next Easter celebration or display them in your store or classroom for some spring fun. Everything you need to know is below so you can get to it.
To follow along with a photo tutorial, see this post.
Browse more Easter projects here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Fold tissue in thirds and cut on the fold (resulting strips are a tad over 6 1/5” wide).
- Stack 5 sheets of one color on top of 5 sheets over another.
- Fan the fold about an inch in width.
- Cut notches in center on each side of the folds, being careful to leave more than 1/4” in the center between the notches.
- Tie twine snuggly in the notches.
- Use pinking shears to cut outside edges in a slight curve. A fold or two at a time and one side at a time.
- Begin gently pulling tissue layers apart and out, starting with the outermost layers. It works best to pull both sides at once, going all the way around the pom.
- Repeat the gentle separate and pulling layers until finished.
- Kerfluffle! Use your fingers to move the tissue around to create an even pom. If needed use pinking shears to help here and there.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Questions? Feedback? We want to hear from you! Reach out anytime. And show us what you’re crafting by using #MadeWithLia — we just might feature your work on our social media channels! Your creativity is our greatest inspiration. Much love ~ Lia & Team