A Prickly Portrait
This cute embroidered watercolor cactus art print features in-house watercolor work by our incredibly talented Maker, Meagan. If you are new to embroidery, this project is for you! It’s crazy simple and we’ve done all the prep work for you. Just follow along with our steps below and you can add this desert motif to your home in no time!
New to embroidery? Don’t worry. We’ve included our video on embroidery tips and tricks below to get you started. See this post for more embroidery tips, tricks, and video tutorials.
Click here for our entire cactus collection.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cardstock – White 8.5×11″
- Embroidery Floss – DMC “Light Pink (3779)”, “Dark Grey (413)”, “Light Grey (648)”, “Mustard Yellow (676)”
- Frame – Ikea Ribba 7 3/4×9 3/4”
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Use a needle or thumb tack to press holes through the paper where indicated on the embroidery template with small dots. This will make it much easier to embroider the print.
- Embroider the cactus print following the embroidery guide provided.
- Place your finished embroidered print in a frame to display.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.