Grow some crafty roots with our DIY embroidery plants wall art. These 5″ embroidered pieces make for great gifts or home decor. So easy and fun to create, with such cute results!
Once you’ve gathered the tools and materials below, download our pattern and tutorial to start crafting.
Rooted in Craftiness
Ready to get crafty with us? Our template below includes three different plant patterns for you to cut out of felt and stitch onto embroidery hoops. You can use the same colors of felt as we did or browse our shop for more ideas.
Skill level: Beginner. If you’re new to embroidery, we have a series of helpful video tutorials which cover the basics.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- 5″ Embroidery Hoops
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Moss, Terracotta, Fern, Juniper, and White
- Benzie Felt in Olive, Parchment, Icicle, and Kelly
- DNC Embroidery Floss in Light Mint (504), Green (3362), Light Brown (3826), Brown (300), Light Green (3364), Off White (762), Dark Green (3345), Green (3346), Peacock (911), Light Blue (775), Mint (955), and White (117-BLANC)
- Linen (or scrap fabric)
How to Make Embroidery Plants Wall Art
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out the felt pieces according to the pattern using scissors or a Cricut Maker.
- Loosen the screws at the tops of your embroidery hoops, then place fabric between. Pull fabric tight, then screw tight to secure. Trim the excess fabric.
- Use a whip stitch to secure all of the felt pieces onto the three hoops.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Show us what you’re crafting by using #MadeWithLia — we just might feature your work on our social media channels! And always feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback you might have. We love hearing from you.