Grow some crafty roots with this clever embroidery plants wall art. If you’re new to embroidery, we have a series of helpful video tutorials which cover the basics. Click the link or scroll to the bottom of the page to get started. We’ve also created a helpful step-by-step video tutorial specific to this project. These 5″ embroidered pieces make for great gifts or home decor. So easy and fun to create, with such cute results!
- Sewing Needle
- 5″ Embroidery Hoops
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Moss, Terracotta, Fern, Juniper, and White
- Benzie Felt in Olive, Parchment, Icicle, and Kelly
- DNC Embroidery Floss in Light Mint (504), Green (3362), Light Brown (3826), Brown (300), Light Green (3364), Off White (762), Dark Green (3345), Green (3346), Peacock (911), Light Blue (775), Mint (955), and White (117-BLANC)
- Linen (or scrap fabric)
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Loosen the screws at the tops of your embroidery hoops, then place fabric between. Pull fabric tight, then screw tight to secure. Trim the excess fabric.
- Use a whip stitch to secure all of the felt pieces onto the three hoops.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Show us what you’re crafting by using #MadeWithLia — we just might feature your work on our social media channels! And always feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback you might have. We love hearing from you.
For further DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. And to start crafting with us, sign up for your very own Lia Griffith membership if you don’t have one already! Cheers ~ Lia & Team