Looking for some cute kids’ decor? Our felt applique swan banner would look so pretty in a kid’s room or in a nursery. And you could even craft our felt swan stuffie to go along with it!
If you’re new to embroidery, this banner is a good project for practicing different embroidery stitches. We also have a how-to video series on embroidery for beginners.
Our designer Krista came up with this felt applique swan banner—and we’re swooning over it! Just like the felt swan she designed, this banner has such beautiful detail. We’ve listed everything she used to craft this kids’ banner below, but you can always choose your own colors for your canvas fabric, felt, and embroidery floss.
If you need any help with this project, just let us know! Comment below with your questions. Or see if any videos in our how-to embroidery series can help you out at all.
For more embroidery fun, check out our embroidery projects. Or find more kids’ decor ideas on our site. We’d love to see which projects you decide to make, so share them with us by tagging the pictures you share on social with #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Sewing Machine
- Felt — Benzie Design Guava, Peony, White, Cinnamon, Meadow, Fern, and Moss
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Dark Hunter Green (3345), Very Light Avocado Green (471), Moss Green (581), Medium Avocado Green (937), Medium Mahogany (301), Medium Grey Blue (160), White (B5200), Ultra Light Dusty Rose (963), and Light Apricot (3824)
- Duck Canvas Fabric — Avocado
- Sewing Thread (to match canvas)
- 3/8″ Wooden Dowel — cut to 14″
- Cotton Twine
How to Make a Felt Applique Swan Banner
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the swan pattern below.
- Print, cut out, and tape together the paper pattern for the banner. Cut out canvas according to the pattern.
- Fold the sides and bottom edges over 1/4″ and sew. Then, fold the top edge down 1″ and sew to make a tube for the dowel to slide in.
- Cut out the felt pieces according to the pattern. Then pin the swan to the middle of the banner.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
To download this DIY project, become a member of our crafting community.