Animal stuffies make for such great gifts! Our latest DIY stuffed animal is this funny little felt beaver. With a cute colorful scarf and jingle bell accessory, this project makes for an excellent toy or home decoration. We used blue felt for our beaver’s scarf and paired with matching blue felted balls, but feel free to get creative! Give every beaver you craft a different colored scarf to add a more personalized feel. If you love this project, browse even more of our stuffies here. So simple to craft and simply adorable results!
This content uses links form which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Benzie Felt in Black, White, Blue, Brown, Cinnamon, Lucky Penny and Toast
- Embroidery Floss in Brown (632), Dark Brown (938) and Black (310)
- Two Black Beads
- Gold Bell
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Glue the nose, teeth and black bead eyes into place.
- Secure the bead eyes and add detailing to the nose with black embroidery floss. Use brown floss to add a line between the teeth.
- Create a lattice stitch by making a grid pattern.
- Finish your lattice stitch with small stitches that secure floss where the strings cross.
- Use a blanket stitch to sew, then stuff the arms, feet and tail.
- Use a blanket stitch to sew the beaver’s body. Add polyfill, then sew up the side.
- Glue and place the scarf, arms and legs.
- Glue the arms down and glue the bell into place.
Questions? Feedback? Don’t forget to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects – you never fail to inspire us! Merry Christmas ~ Lia & Team