In the past I have made quite a few Easter baskets out of a simple grocery bag. And last year I even made one out of ribbon. But today we have something different for you! We can’t get over how cute and creative this felt carrot Easter basket is that Krista crafted for our March collection.
The pattern for this project is a simple one to cut by hand, or you can always use your Maker or Cameo 4 with our SVG file instead.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
This felt carrot Easter basket will be such a fun one to craft for your little ones! Altogether there are eight embroidered carrots that make up the side of the basket. Also the finished size is about 7 inches across at the top and 6 inches high (excluding the handle).
If your kiddo is a bit too young for Easter candy, you can always fill your basket with some wooden eggs or simple toys for them to explore. Depending on their age, a felt rabbit stuffie would also be a cute addition.
Embroidery stitches used: Blanket, straight, and whip stitches. For more guidance on these stitches, check out our free embroidery guide.
Crafting tip: If you’re using your cutting machine, you will need a longer mat to cut the strap, which is the length of a full sheet of felt. You will also need 2 sheets of orange felt, if you carefully plan out your pattern pieces.
How to Make a Felt Carrot Easter Basket
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt and interfacing according to pattern using a cutting machine (optional) or scissors. You will need 2 full sheets of Tangerine felt with careful planning of pattern pieces.
- Using the PDF pattern as a guide, sew straight stitch details onto the felt carrots using 3 strands of the apricot colored floss. You can use a disappearing ink pen to mark the details and then stitch over them. There are 2 different carrot stitch patterns.
- Whip stitch the straight sides of the carrots together using 2 strands of the apricot floss, working from the right-side. Alternate between the two carrot types.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needles
- Straight Pins
- Iron, Ironing Board, and Press Cloth
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Tangerine (2 sheets), Fern, and Juniper
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Medium Tangerine (741), Light Apricot (3824), and Avocado Green (469)
- Tacky Glue
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
- Heat N Bond Fusible Interfacing – Extra Firm
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member