These felt conversation hearts that Lindsay designed really are too cute! Along with felt, we used heat transfer vinyl to iron the little Valentine’s Day message on top of each heart.
Due to the intricate cut-out messages on each heart, we recommend using a Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 with the rotary blade for this project. But if you don’t have either of these cutting machines, we have included a printable template so you can cut your felt conversation hearts by hand.
A very heartfelt project
These felt conversation hearts make such sweet and simple decor for Valentine’s Day. You can hang yours individually like we did (on this flowering branch that we made!). Or you can use twine to string them up and create a banner.
Ready to get started? Gather the tools and materials you need from our list here, then follow the four instructions right below. You will find our template and SVG file at the end of the post, which includes six different messages: Hello, All Mine, Wink Wink, Too Cute, Virtual Hugs, and XOXO. Happy crafting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker with rotary blade or Silhouette Cameo 4 with rotary blade (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Knife (if cutting by hand)
- Cricut EasyPress, StarCraft Heat Press, or Iron
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt – Rose Quartz and Spruce
- Heat Transfer Vinyl – Pine and Rose Gold
- Ribbon or Twine
- Cut the larger heart shape out of felt using a cutting machine with a rotary blade, or by hand using scissors.
- Cut the heat transfer vinyl using a cutting machine with a regular blade, or scissors and a detail knife if cutting by hand. Be sure to mirror the image!
- Use an iron or heat press to adhere the heat transfer vinyl on top of the felt. Check the recommended heat settings on the vinyl packaging.
- Attach individual ribbons if hanging hearts separately, or use hot glue to attach to a ribbon to create a banner.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.