We are getting creative with our tree toppers this year! In the past, we’ve created paper stars to use as Christmas tree toppers. But today we have something a little different for you. Designed by Krista, this felt dove tree topper perches perfectly on our Christmas tree with its little felt cone.
If you already have a tree topper, you can also use the template and tutorial below to create a pretty dove stuffie without the cone. Whatever you decide to do, this felt dove is a great intermediate craft project for those of you who have made some of our stuffies before or have done some hand sewing and stitching.
Bringing Peace to Your Home
Our felt dove tree topper might be a little less traditional than a star topper, but it’s just as meaningful. This sweet little dove with its olive branch serves as a symbol of love and peace — such a great reminder for the holiday season! Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, you (or someone else) can enjoy this felt dove as a stuffie instead.
Ready to start crafting? Follow our step-by-step tutorial below and share your project with us by using #MadeWithLia. Next week we will be sharing how to make felt baby dove decorations for your tree, so stay tuned!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – White, Slate, and Spruce
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Gold (5282), Fern Green, Snow White, Dark Pewter Grey, and Very Dark Antique Mauve (3802)
- Heat N Bond Extra-Firm Fusible Interfacing
How to Make a Felt Dove Tree Topper
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using a Cricut Maker or scissors.
- Sew four french knots on one of the wings using gold embroidery floss, needle-wrapped once, as shown on the pattern.
- Match the wing on top of a second. We will be using a double running stitch so that it shows on both sides of the wing.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!