For this month’s collection, Krista wanted to make a felt plant that could be displayed in a pot or on a shelf. And now you can make it too with our pattern and tutorial! Our felt English ivy is a beginner-friendly project, and is also our first felt trailing plant.
This leaf pattern is a simple one to cut by hand. Or you can always use your Maker or Cameo 4 to cut your felt pieces instead.
Ivy league crafter
To make our felt English ivy plant look as realistic as possible, Krista created multiple vines using 24-gauge wire and drew vein details onto the felt leaves with a marker. One thing we love about crafting our own plants is that you can make them whatever size you want, so feel free to play around with how many vines and leaves you make.
Once you have assembled your felt English ivy, simply arrange the stems in a decorative pot with foam and pebbles. The trailing vines will look lovely cascading over the rim of your pot, especially if it’s perched up on a shelf or mantel.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: If you are making a larger plant, we recommend using a cutting machine to save time.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Spruce
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire or White Paper-Covered Wire
- Floral Tape — Lia Griffith Green
- Fine Tip Art Marker — Uni Posca White
How to Make a Felt English Ivy
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a Cricut Maker (recommended) or scissors. The more leaves, the longer the ivy vine, so you can cut as many as you like.
- Glue a short length of 24 gauge floral wire (green or white) to the center of a leaf, about halfway up.
- Apply another thin line of glue over the wire and up the middle of the leaf. Fold in half, pinching along the fold.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Hello there, I can only get the polyester felt where I am, should that be ok.
Thank you for your time.
You can use the felt you have available.