Have fun with felt and craft a few of these adorable gingerbread animal ornaments. We’ve created a step-by-step photo tutorial to make your crafting even simpler. For help sewing French knots, watch our helpful video tutorial below. Make a few of these cuties for your own tree or craft some to be given as gifts!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Embroidery Scissors (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Sewing Needle
- Embroidery Needle (recommended)
- Felt – Latte, Brown, White, Pink, Strawberry, Julep
- Embroidery Floss – Light Tan (437), Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938), White, Baby Pink (818), Very Dark Coral Red (817)
- 1/4″ Gold Bells
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut your felt according to the pattern.
- Whip stitch the icing onto the heads and the tail of the cat (see embroidery guide for reference). Mirror this for the back sides.
- Next, whip stitch on the eyes and blush cheeks.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we can’t wait to see what you create! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team