Have fun with felt and craft a few of these adorable gingerbread animal ornaments. We’ve created a step-by-step photo tutorial to make your crafting even simpler. For help sewing French knots, watch our helpful video tutorial below. Make a few of these cuties for your own tree or craft some to be given as gifts!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut your felt according to the pattern.
- Whip stitch the icing onto the heads and the tail of the cat (see embroidery guide for reference). Mirror this for the back sides.
- Next, whip stitch on the eyes and blush cheeks.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we can’t wait to see what you create! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team
- Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Detail scissors (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Stuffing Tool
- Embroidery Needle
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Doe Brown, Bark Brown, White, Blush, Strawberry, Mint
- Embroidery Floss – Light Tan (437), Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938), White, Baby Pink (818), Very Dark Coral Red (817)
- 1/4″ Gold Bells
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member