Named for Mount Helicon in Greece, the heliconia flower is both alluring and unique. Also known as the “Lobster-claw” flower, heliconias look great on their own or as part of a felt bouquet! The cool thing is that our felt heliconia is super simple and quick to craft.
Just gather the tools and materials, then download the PDF or SVG pattern. Once you have it all, follow the steps below in the photo tutorial or download the instructions.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Sunshine, Juniper
- PanPastel – Hansa Yellow Shade
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Krylon Matte Finish Spray
- If you haven’t already, become a Lia Griffith Annual Member. This gives you access to unlimited SVG downloads!
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern.
- Fold a small petal in half and glue around the end of a length of floral wire.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Make All the Flowers!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team