Floral Fun for the Holidays
Handmade wreaths are something we love to create for every season and holiday. Designed by Krista, our felt holiday floral wreath features felt poinsettias, cosmos, and hellebore flowers — as well as a few clusters of felt ball berries.
Although this wreath includes a lot of flowers, they are simple to assemble, making this a great DIY wreath for beginners! Since there are so many pieces to cut, we recommend using a Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4. However, you can always cut your flowers by hand if you don’t have a cutting machine.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
This felt holiday floral wreath would be a fun one to craft with your family. Since there are multiple pieces, everyone can work on one type of flower or help out with different assembly steps. Just gather everyone around the table, put on your favorite Christmas music, and enjoy your favorite seasonal drink as you craft!
Ready to get started? We decided to give our felt holiday floral wreath a monochromatic look. But you could work in any color of felt, such as a dark green, cream and white, or even a blush pink.
As always, we’d love to see your version of this wreath, so make sure to share photos with us. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, post on our crafters community page, or use the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Embroidery stitches used: Straight stitches and French knots. Want more guidance on these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide for step-by-step photo tutorials.
How to Make a Felt Holiday Floral Wreath
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade. You will need about 7 sheets of felt.
- With the crepe paper still folded, cut 2 long strips that are 3 inches wide.
- Stretch out the crepe strips a little bit. Wrap and glue them around the straw wreath form to completely cover.
Full tutorial available for members to download on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Scallop
- Embroidery Needle
- Needle Threader (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Cranberry (about 7 sheets)
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Very Dark Antique Mauve (3802)
- Lia Griffith Felt Balls 1cm — Pomegranate
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Merlot
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink (optional)
- Straw Wreath – 14″
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member