Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Add some felt kiwi to your fruit bowl! Our designer Krista has been growing our collection of felt foods, so it now has its own category on our site. This is a good sewing project for beginners and great for learning some 3D construction skills and basic embroidery stitches.
To make this felt kiwi, you will need to know how to do a straight stitch, detached chain, whip stitch, and blanket stitch. If you are still learning these stitches, you can use our embroidery guide to practice.
Kiwi be any cuter?
We are always exclaiming over how cute Krista’s felt creations are. And on top of being adorable, they are very realistic! Along with showing you how to make a felt kiwi, the tutorial will also show you how to make small kiwi slices — perfect for creative play. Using layers of fusible interfacing helps to get that perfectly sliced look, and we will guide you step by step on how to make your kiwi look just like the real thing.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Stuffing Tool
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Fern, Hazelnut, and Vanilla
- Embroidery Floss — Very Light Avocado Green (471), Off White (746), Light Brown (434), and Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938)
- Heat N Bond Fusible Interfacing
How to Make Felt Kiwi
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the kiwi pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using a Cricut Maker (optional) or scissors.
- Whip stitch the center onto the kiwi using one strand of matching embroidery floss, on both the half kiwi and slice.
- Straight stitch lines that radiate out from the center using two strands of the off white floss.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member