Mothers always say not to play with your food – well not anymore. With this felt pasta play food set your kids can open their own Italian restaurant, finally finish their plate, or even have a felt food fight. The best thing about this project? Pasta is probably the easiest felt food to make so do not fear if you’re new to the felt food world. We’ve included everything you need to craft your own felt pasta play food set below. Check out the printable menu here!
Want a full felt Italian restaurant? Check out our felt pizza here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Pinking Shears
- Embroidery Scissors
- Extra Small Pom-Pom Maker
- Small Binder Clip (optional)
- Embroidery Needle
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick (optional, for stuffing)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Camel, Buttercup, Lichen, Black, White, Juniper, Fern, Ruby
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Tan 436, Very Light Golden Yellow 3078, Avocado Green 469, Very Light Avocado Green 471
- Yarn – KnitPicks Brava Sport Peapod, Umber Heather, White
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut the felt according to the pattern (the felt colors are in brackets). To cut the spaghetti – it is easiest to use a rotary cutter, ruler, and cutting mat to cut even 1/4” strips the width of the felt.
- To make the bow tie pasta – trim the short ends with pinking shears. Fold into 4 equal parts lengthwise. Clip in the middle to hold.
- Run a needle and thread through the middle, around the side, and back through the middle of all the felt folds (going through the same hole again).
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team