My Little Pegasus
Made with dreamy pastel felt colors and embellished with a starry night sky, this felt pegasus stuffie is perfect for our July celestial theme. She also has some fabulous wavy hair and, of course, strong yet delicate wings to help her fly.
This is a great intermediate project that requires some patience and attention to detail when sewing up the mane. Some knowledge of 3D stuffed animal construction and basic embroidery skills such as straight stitches and french knots will also help.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Our designer Krista held up this felt pegasus stuffie during a recent team meeting, and we can’t get over how cute it is! It reminds us of the My Little Pony horses that some of us played with when we were young, but maybe a little more magical.
When you’re ready to craft your felt pegasus, just follow the instructions below. As with all of our felt stuffies, we recommend using detail scissors, but you can always use a Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut your felt pieces. Another tip for this project is to get a soft chunky yarn for the hair.
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Felt Pegasus
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pegasus pattern on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using a Cricut Maker/Silhouette Cameo 4 or scissors.
- Sew the legs to the underside piece using two strands of light blue embroidery floss and a whip stitch, working from what will be the inside of the legs. Match and follow the curve of the leg openings, and ensure that the legs are facing the right way.
- Repeat for all of the legs.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
When you’re done crafting your stuffies, email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag them on social with #MadeWithLia. We always love seeing what you make! For daily DIY ideas and inspiration, join us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or browse our YouTube channel for crafting video tutorials.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Bluebell, Tidepool, Ocean Blue, and White
- Embroidery Floss —Very Light Cornflower Blue (157), Dark Delft Blue (798), Dark Wedgewood (3842), Snow White (B5200), Topaz (725), and Very Light Plum (3608)
- Chunky White Yarn
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
- Chipboard or Thin Cardboard cut to 3.5″ x 5″
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member