Time for another kid’s craft! A couple weeks ago we shared our felt and pine cone turkeys with googly eyes. And today we bring you our pine cone owl ornaments. Though we’re making these as holiday tree ornaments, they’re a hoot to craft any time of the year.
These cute little pine cone owl ornaments come with three different personalities. You can mix and match our patterns to make your own unique little characters. Take a look at our short video tutorial here to learn how to make your own felt and pine cone owls.
Felt is such a great material for kids’ crafts. If you haven’t yet tried a high-quality wool blend felt, you need to treat yourself and buy some! A wool blend is so soft, easy to cut, and looks great in finished projects.
We have a good handful of felt crafts coming for Christmas and the winter holidays, so I highly recommend you order a selection of your favorite colors from Benzie Design on Etsy today! For these pine cone owl ornaments, we used a combination of soft blue-greens, greys, white, and a heather brown. Once you’ve crafted these cuties, you can easily add a ribbon or a string on the heads of your owls to hang them from tree branches.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — White, Black, Dewy, Robin’s Egg, Lagoon, Dove, Doe Brown, and Tangerine
- Pine Cones
- Brown Chenille Stem
How to Make a Felt and Pine Cone Owl Ornament
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download our owl pattern at the end of this post.
- Trim pieces of felt according to the pattern. Or use the pre-colored pieces to make these owls out of paper instead.
- Glue together your pieces of felt to create the owl face and wings.
- Then, glue the owl’s face and wings onto the pine cone.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Join us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest, and sign up for your very own Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects. And always feel free to reach out with your questions and commentary—we love hearing from you! Enjoy ~ Lia & team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.