We are so excited for some new pumpkin crafts this fall! Believe it or not, we have never made our own felt pumpkins, so Krista got to work and put together this tutorial for our September collection. Our pattern below includes two sizes, with the large pumpkin being about 8 inches across.
This is a simple pattern to cut by hand. But of course, you can always use your Maker or Cameo 4 if you prefer.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Go big or gourd home
The great thing about this project is you can make these felt pumpkins now and use them as decor until the end of November (or whenever you’re ready to decorate for Christmas or winter). Just sew up a few to decorate your mantel, entry table, or even table centerpiece. To jazz up our larger pumpkin, Krista added a little felt leaf to the top, which we have included in the pattern for you.
Since the pumpkin is made up of 16 pieces, this project is a bit time-consuming but the construction is not difficult at all.
How to Make Felt Pumpkins
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine (optional) or scissors. Note that there are two patterns, in two different sizes.
- Pin two side pieces together, with edges matched up. Whip stitch together along the inner curve using 2 strands of matching embroidery floss. This will be the inside of the pumpkin.
- Repeat to make 8 sewn pairs.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Poppy, Papaya, Mint, and Hazelnut
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Tangerine (740), Light Apricot (3824), Light Bright Green (3851), and Light Brown (434)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Tacky Glue
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member