Hang out and have fun making an adorable felt sloth friend with our helpful tutorial and templates. This project is super simple and will inspire you to craft a whole forest of felt animal pals! If you love this little sloth, click here to browse more cute felt animal inspiration.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Sewing Needle
- Benzie Felt in Seaside, Cinnamon, and Lucky Penny
- DMC Embroidery Floss in Cinnamon (300), Tan (680), Brown (3863)
- 2 Black Buttons
- 4 Small Magnets – Use the second biggest size
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Attach the stomach piece to one of the body pieces with a whip stitch.
- Start sewing two body pieces together using a blanket stitch. Glue two felt feet together, then sew at the end of the leg. Put a magnet at the end of foot, then use poly-fil to stuff the leg as you sew.
- Continue to sew around the body, adding claws and magnets at the end of each limb, then fill the arms and legs with poly-fil. Leave an opening at the stomach and add poly-fil. Sew the side of the stomach when it is full of poly-fil.
- Attach the face piece to one of the head pieces with a whip stitch.
- The attach the two eye pieces with a whip stitch.
- Also attach the nose with whip stitch, then add three small stitches to create a mouth.
- Sew on both black button eyes.
- Add three small stitches on the head to create hair.
- Use a blanket stitch to sew the two head pieces together leaving an opening at the bottom of the head.
- Stuff the head with poly-fil.
- Stitch the head onto the body with the head slightly tilted to the side.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy Spring! ~ Lia & Team