Traveling with a tablet? This felt tablet case is a fun way to store your device safely in your bag. Plus it’s easy to craft, making it a much more affordable option, too.
For a tropical twist, we added some palm leaves to our case using heat transfer vinyl. You can do the same, or leave these details off if you prefer a more simple design. Just check out our supplies list below to get started!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
We’ve Got You Covered
Our felt tablet case will keep your device free from smudges and scratches, no matter where you’re taking it. The template includes two sizes — one for an iPad Mini (small) and one for a standard iPad (large). If your tablet is another size (like an iPad Pro), we’ve provided instructions for how to make a custom case that will fit your specific tablet.
Along with customizing the size of your felt tablet case, you can personalize it further by choosing your favorite color of felt. You can also make your palm leaf details stand out, keep them subtle, or leave them off entirely. If you’d like, you can explore our other iron-on projects to see if there’s a different design you prefer for your felt case.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Felt Tablet Case
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the zip file below.
- Place fusible webbing between two 12×18” sheets of felt and iron them together.
- Cut the felt using a cutting machine with rotary blade or follow the template notes and cut the felt to size using a ruler and rotary cutter.
- Iron on the HTV design to the side that will be the outside of the felt case.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Rotary Cutter
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Cricut EasyPress or Iron
- Gold Ruler
- Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread
- Hammer or Mallet
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Malachite and Evergreen
- Siser Easyweed HTV — Pine
- Lia Griffith Fusible Web
- Snap Kit with Tools
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member