Traveling with a tablet? This felt tablet case is a fun way to store your device safely in your bag. Plus it’s easy to craft, making it a much more affordable option, too.
For a tropical twist, we added some palm leaves to our case using heat transfer vinyl. You can do the same, or leave these details off if you prefer a more simple design. Just check out our supplies list below to get started!
We’ve Got You Covered
Our felt tablet case will keep your device free from smudges and scratches, no matter where you’re taking it. The template includes two sizes — one for an iPad Mini (small) and one for a standard iPad (large). If your tablet is another size (like an iPad Pro), we’ve provided instructions for how to make a custom case that will fit your specific tablet.
Along with customizing the size of your felt tablet case, you can personalize it further by choosing your favorite color of felt. You can also make your palm leaf details stand out, keep them subtle, or leave them off entirely. If you’d like, you can explore our other iron-on projects to see if there’s a different design you prefer for your felt case.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Rotary Cutter
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Cricut EasyPress or Iron
- Gold Ruler
- Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread
- Hammer or Mallet
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Malachite and Evergreen
- Siser Easyweed HTV — Pine
- Lia Griffith Fusible Web
- Snap Kit with Tools
How to Make a Felt Tablet Case
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the zip file below.
- Place fusible webbing between two 12×18” sheets of felt and iron them together.
- Cut the felt using a cutting machine with rotary blade or follow the template notes and cut the felt to size using a ruler and rotary cutter.
- Iron on the HTV design to the side that will be the outside of the felt case.
Love this DIY idea? Find more travel-inspired projects and tropical designs. Or browse all of our felt & fiber crafts to see what else you can make!
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.